Jon Williamson has held a number of senior roles across the sector, and is currently Managing Director of Praxis Media Ltd. Prior to Praxis Media he was Managing Director of i-nfer Assessment Limited, a commercial subsidiary of the National Foundation for Educational Research that was advised by Praxis Media.
Other roles Jon has held inlude Business Development Director for Collins Education, looking after Collins’ substantial investments in the Digital Learning Sphere, and has acted as a consultant to the media sector, working for many years with KPMG and independently. Clients have ranged from Channel 4 to IPC. His area of specialisation is Publishing and New Media. Prior to this period he was a List Development Manager with Butterworths Tolley, the UK’s premier Legal and Tax Information Publisher.
Over the years Jon has sat on many industry bodies – ESPA, BECTA’s Industry Advisory Panel, The Digital Learning Task Force of the Educational Publishers’ Council. He speaks regularly – a selection of presentations is listed below:
- NAACE Masterclass Data in Schools, March 2011.
- NAACE Masterclass Teacher Assessment, APP and e-assessment, March 2010.
- Presentation “Assessment for Learning and e-assessment”; given at BETT and the Education Show 2009.
- Government ICT Strategies – “The Commercial Opportunity”, EPS Business Breakfast, Dec 2004.
- “Managing Brands in a Converging World”, The Bookseller Electronic Publishing Supplement, May 2001.